Seattle’s Free Bus Network Unveils Public Website with Rainbow Colored Savings

Seattle Bus Transfer Website/Sebastian Garrett-Singh Screenshot

The Seattle free-ride zone ended last fall  but a group of locals have found a way to supersede and extend the free-ride zone, and not just in downtown but to all of Seattle.

A private Facebook page entitled “Today’s Seattle Bus Transfer” has been providing 3,395 users with the daily color and letter of King County Metro transfers for a while now. The page explains this service is for, “For those broke enough to re-use transfers when the color/letter sequence repeats!”  Which let’s face it, a lot of Seattle Central students are.

We Obviously Would Never Use Such a Service/Sebastian Garrett-Singh

We obviously would never use such a service/Sebastian Garrett-Singh

The site operates through user participation in which the first person to catch the morning bus comments the color and letter of the transfer through a funny title. Today for example features hits such as, “orange telephone” and “orange ticklemonster”, so yes today’s bus transfer is an Orange-T.

Well now the page has evolved passed their private network and started anew as a full-blown webpage which offers text alerts for the  daily bus transfer. The new page has a slick customized layout and still carries over the witty titles which they say is for “entertainment purposes”. But they also play it smart in the hopes of curbing any litigation.

When entering the page users must agree to a prompt reading:

YOU MUST TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS
It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice, statement, or other content available through the Seattle Bus Transfer site. Though we do our best to provide accurate information, the user of the domain agrees to assume all risk as to the quality and/or accuracy of the information supplied. All material is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind and should be double-checked and verified through other sources.

In no event will Seattle Bus Transfer or any person or entity involved in creating, producing, or distributing information through Seattle Bus Transfer be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use Seattle Bus Transfer. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Seattle Bus Transfer, its domain maintainers, server administrators, directors, officers, agents, employees, and contributors from and against all liability, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise directly or indirectly from the use of any part of the Seattle Bus Transfer website.

Neither the domain maintainers nor any contributors can be held liable in any way for any information made available, or omitted from information distributed through this server. There is no warranty that Seattle Bus Transfer will remain uninterrupted or error free, and we cannot be held liable for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission.

The content on this website is for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.

The site clearly establishes it self as an entertainment forum, albeit one which may save you a buck or $2.50. They’re accepting donations so if you have saved more than a a few bucks through their “entertainment” service might as well throw them a thank you donation in the amount of a bus fare.

4 responses to “Seattle’s Free Bus Network Unveils Public Website with Rainbow Colored Savings

What do you think?

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s